Thursday, February 11, 2010

Happy Thursday!

This week has been going typical as usual. Tuesday I was a complete train wreck trying to pull it all together. The electronic peer network on Excelsior's website is great, but it often leaves me feeling unprepared and nervous. Reading detailed posts of where others are that test at a similar time freaks me out. Some people are so detailed and structured with their studying. Me - not so much. Believe me, I try. Everyday the first thing I do is make a list of the material/skills I want to practice for the day. Does it ever happen? Nope. I end up getting overwhelmed which leads me back to the EPN! Self discipline has always been something I have lacked and no matter how much the EPN may be hurting me right now, I can't stay away!

Wednesday I ended up at "The Angelus" on the west side of Grand Rapids (right by Diamond Street Hall, damn, I wish it was Pulaski Days!), and I managed to spend $18 on prayer cards and various medals. Today, I began my day by reading them and I think it helped me a great deal. Silly, I know, but it made me attempt my studies with more patience. If you're interested in what I purchased, I provided the link on the right.

I ended up doing one of Chuck's care plan scenarios and pulling together an entire PCS. Grid and all! Then I went into our guest bedroom which now looks like a hospital and talked to the dummy I made. Boy, talk about feeling like an idiot! I completed the documentation and the evaluation phase, typed it up and sent it over to Dr. A for review. Hopefully I get decent feedback.

Later I wrote down some lab mnemonics and spent the evening practicing those. God, I love that wound. :) I'm practicing all of the labs now, critical elements included, and feeling much better about them. For the wound I always saturate at least 10 pieces of gauze and pack it repeatedly. On my last one my husband came into the room. I decided since he is a packaging engineer, he needs to figure out the best method to pack it! He agreed and said he would give it a shot tomorrow night! I can't wait to see what he comes up with!

Until next time, I'm going to keep on truckin!

No comments:

Post a Comment